Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stranger Reminder




No matter how foreign or exotic a place you move to, eventually you get used to it. For the most part, that is. But every so often something reminds you that you are a stranger here, and that you don't really understand what's going on. Of course you get used to not understanding what's going on, too. The other day I was sitting in front of my computer when I heard this strange chanting going on. It took awhile to sink in. But eventually I got up to look out the window. And there were the neighbors, and a Shinto priest and his assistant performing some sort of ceremony. I've seen these once or twice while driving, but only for a brief glance. I assume they are blessing the ground where a new building will be built. But this one was right out my window. I had to grab the camera and start capturing the moment. It also appears that the engineers or architects were also present. Just another of those Stranger Reminders. I think it was pretty cool, they thought it was pretty ordinary.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear natalie. Great spy photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home