Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

She's a Daytripper







Monday I took a little daytrip to Nagoya. As many times as I have been through Nagoya on my way to somewhere else I've never actually stopped. It's actually the 4th largest city in Japan. I went first to the castle. Another cement recreation. It was okay, and the park surrounding it was nice to wander. Then I was hungry and went in search of lunch. I was heading for a conbini, but above it was a fancy sandwich place, so I thought I would give that a try. Very nice atmosphere, but the sandwich made me kinda nauseous. I took the subway down a few stops and found the Orchid Garden. It was nice and sunny and filled with obasan (little old ladies). I walked over to the temple, only to realize it wasn't the temple I wanted to visit, but didn't have time to go to the right one. So I wandered around the temple, and then through the shopping arcade on my way to the train station. I think my favorite part of the day was riding the trains. It was a nice day, if not exceptional. And certainly sitting around on my tushie all day, which is my normal inclination.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cement critter (fish?) surrounded by white flowers is a charming picture. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home