Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Overnight Guest


I almost made it out of the country without having to deal with this particular pitfall. I was so close. But today it happened. While riding my bike home I was passing the park when I heard a sound. A sound I know all too well. A sound that sends dread into my heart. The persistent sound of a desperate cry from an abandoned kitten. I stopped my bike and called out, and started to meow back at the bushes where the sound was coming from. And shortly a cute little nose peaked out at me. It took a few steps towards me, but then froze. It only took a couple of minutes, but shortly I had it scruffed and on my shoulder. It was not easy walking my bike back with only one hand, and a crying kitten in the other, but eventually we arrived. Rinako has agreed to help me take it to the shelter tomorrow, but for the moment I am stuck with it. I bought a can of cat food and watered it down. The kitten meowed the whole time it was scarfing down the food. I created a litter box from a pie pan that was left in the apartment and put some dirt in it. The little guy has finally shut up and is sleeping exhaustedly on my bare legs. Each time it curls up it's paws I about go through the roof in pain. But I'm so thankful it's finally asleep.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One safe night with a full belly is better than none. May this kindness be returned to you someday.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto #1 comment. Mum

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear natalie. Oh nooo... Poor little kitten. I hope he's OK at the shelter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home