Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Night Festival






On the first night of the festival the Suzukis took me downtown to the the parades down there. Quite cool. The "floats" are large, intricately carved carts that are pulled by the neighborhood crew. Inside the float are usually children all dressed up in traditional style costumes playing the song particular to their neighborhood on traditional instruments. I couldn't determine a particular parade route, I believe the carts just went where they wanted to go. My poor camera has lived a very hard life in the one year that I have owned it, and hates taking night shots. But I cajoled it into taking enough, that a few came out acceptably well. The floats all lit up at night were really quite special, I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home