Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Goodbye TVGold

So, how do I handle stress and depression? TV therapy. So after taking the kitten off and having a bad class, I was looking forward to sitting down at my computer and watching some good old British Classics on TVGold. TVGold let me re-watch some old shows that I hadn't seen in awhile (Red Dwarf, Chef!). It turned me onto some shows I'd never heard of (Brush Strokes). And even showed me how some shows I thought I liked had not aged very well at all (Solo, Butterflies). And then there was "As Time Goes By" which is delightful, but I only ever caught an episode here or there. But, as you can tell, I have been writing this in the past tense. Yes, the Intellectual Property Cops raided the place, and I can no longer be solaced in this way any longer. It depresses me...where shall I turn for help?

People Suck!

4 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Emsk said...

Hi Natalie,

Ah, those Brit comedy classics! Have to agree with you about Butterfilies and Solo (I never thought I'd hear anyone mention that one again!); they were funny at the time though. For true comedy gold you can't beat a bit of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - does the name Frank Spencer ring a bell?

Sorry to hear all your watching is in the past though.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! No Brit TV--how awful. It is the Sunday before Memorial Day and there is a lot of patriotic stuff on TV here and "Footballers Wives" marathon is on BBC America and I don't watch that. I did watch "Alien vs Predator" earlier--very nice. Mum

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear natalie. Oh No. Maybe the odd clip from YouTube will have to suffice until you find an alternative? A few months ago I caught the vicar of dibley Christmas special on there which was verra funny.

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope this helps you out a little!

http://www.movies.nabolister.com/

Not much in the way of British Tv on there.. but it's better than nothing!

All the best,

Chris (the tall foreigner)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home