Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bamboo Shooting





The next day the Suzukis invited me to go digging bamboo shoots with them. They couldn't really describe it, and it got translated into Baby Bamboo, which I kinda like the sound of. We all hopped in the cars and headed to the other side of town, to go to a small grove of bamboo owned by Miyoshi's friend. I don't think I ever got the friend's name, but she was just darling. And then we were set free to go dig up baby bamboo. I was given differing opinions on which bamboo shoots to try and dig up. And I was given this little tiny tool, that didn't actually allow one to dig. But I gave it a try and brought up a couple. But I quickly gave up and let the others try, while I peeled and cut the bamboo shoots already dug up. Reminded me a little of shucking corn. It was a lovely day and lovely company. I didn't end up with any of the shoots. Don't know if I've ever had bamboo shoots? Hmmm...good question.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you're a vegetarian and can shoot bamboo. The rest of us have to shoot bambis. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home