Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One Way to Kill Time






I have an awful lot of time on my hands at the moment. And I have been doing some hiking. One day I went hiking up at Atera Taki, which had some lovely falls. Afterwards I went to Yuyo to take an onsen. There were two areas, that were open air and looked out over the river. I was a little surpised because it only had one little "Pre-Cleaning" place, without an actuall sprayer and no shampoo or conditioner. It was a little chilly so I hurried through my "pre-cleaning" by splashing a little warm water on myself, soaping up my underarms with the liquid soap sitting next to the faucet, and splashing more warm water on me to rinse off, while the four women who were already sitting in the onsen gave me funny looks. The pool was quite small, but enough room for the five of us, but I was unable to look out at the river until they left. I was a little surprised to see a few people strolling around on the other side of the river. They could see me sitting in the pool, or at least they could see me from the shoulders up. After soaking for long enough, I decided to get out and try cleaning myself again, as I didn't think I'd done a very good job. But when I sat down in front of the faucet I couldn't find the liquid soap. And then it dawned on me that soap must not be provided, and I must have been using those other ladies soap! Oh, well, it was an honest mistake. After my bath I went walking along on the other side of the river and took some pics. In the last picture, if you enlarge it, you can see a guy sitting in the other pool at the same place I onsened.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soap stealing! What next!! Looks like an inviting place to kill time. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home