Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Bride Looked Beautiful




My student Junko got married yesterday. And it was lovely. I'm not a fan of weddings. Okay I actually abhor them. But this was different. Maybe it helps not to know what they are saying? It only took an hour, including photographs. This whole thing was a slight surprise. When I met Junko she was pretty adamant that she would not be pressured into getting married by society. She hated that her mother and family were constantly after her to get married. But something happened. And I think that something might be that she met the right guy. Toshi is smart, funny, cool headed and most importantly I think he adores her. I had not told I coulndn't go to the reception afterwards, so after the ceremony Hiromi and I went to Foo-Rin for lunch and chatted. Hiromi was supposed to be my "guide" for the wedding, but she didn't know anything. And her stomach started growling during the ceremony so we had a hard time not cracking up. We had a nice chat at the restaurant and she promised to call me sometime. Oh, and after Foo-Rin she drove all the way back to the grocery store next door where I decided to go shopping to give me my keys that I left in her car. Only one problem, they weren't my keys. The people in the grocery store kept looking at us strangeley trying to figure out why we were laughing so hard.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say that this is the kind of cultural experience you should be having. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home