Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Big Let Down

Other than having to get up at some crazy hour, my trip home was uneventful. My flight to Nagoya was at 8:30. So you need to be at the airport at 6:30. So it takes about an hour to get to the airport from downtown Beijing. Unless of course you are driving around at 5:30. I was at the airport, checked in and at my gate by 6:13. So I had a little time to kill, and some souveniers to buy. So I used up the rest of my RMB, buying candy, a tea set and Beijing Olympics paraphenalia. The plane boarded unbelievably fast. And in the air on time. Landed on time. Took two seconds to get through customs. Picked up bag quickly. And only had a 10 minute wait for the bus to Hamamatsu. Then, two hours later I was in Hamamatsu, at the bus stop to take me home, where once again I only had a 10 minute wait. Got home and sat down. My head was so abuzz I didn't know what to do. So I checked my email and unpacked. I decided I should break out the DVDs and see if they really worked. So I went looking for Six Feet Under. Only it wasn't there. Scrubs was there. Heroes was there. Deadwood was there. Friends was there. Wait a minute. I didn't buy Friends. Friends was in the maybe pile, not the for sure pile. I don't really think it was an on purpose mistake. I think Friends was in the Six Feet Under Box. I think it's about the same number of DVDs, too. And it's not like I ended up with a show I hate or anything. But I was so looking forward to seeing Six Feet Under. I was really bummed. And of course I had post-vacation blues, too. Big Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home