Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Short-Timer's Disease

I had promised myself I wouldn't get antsy about leaving until a month before I left. No throwing things out early. No packing early. No letting my mind wander to the next stage. And most importantly, to continue to teach with as much enthusiasm as ever. But Mr. M's made that impossible. The need to get rid of everything in the aparto has made me crazy. I have trouble concentrating on my classes, and it actually makes it hard for me to sleep. So, it's official. I already have Short-Timer's Disease. I deleted all the bookmarks in my computer for teaching. I've quit listening to the podcast where I was learning Japanese. And I've just quit trying in general. It happens to everybody, I just didn't want it to happen months in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home