Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Last Classes





This has been the final week of classes according to the Japanese business/school year. So I've been saying good-bye to most of my kids. I just didn't realize last year how I was losing most of my kids, but this year I was more prepared...and just as sad. Like saying goodbye to Jidai. He's been in my class for nearly 2 years. He's not even 4 yet. So he's known me longer than he has memories. There's at least a dozen just like that. And in some of the older classes the kids have been in the class longer than I have, and I'm really going to miss them. And there's my 3rd and 4th graders. And they just wouldn't leave. They all insisted in helping me pack up, and making jokes and putting it all off. Finally we left enmasse. It was really amusing packing all of us in the elevator. And maybe worst of all are the 5 year olds. They've been with me since the beginning, and they get sad, too. The worst was Yuuna, she's as cute as she is wild. But she was so somber at the end of class, and kept finding reasons not to leave. And when she finally did, she just kept saying "Thank you, thank you". It was just so sincere and heartbreaking. I got quite choked up. Heck, I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home