Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Eating Indian in Japan


I can't say I have aquired much of a taste for Japanese food since I arrived, but I have developed quite the appreciation for Indian Curry. One of the first restaurants I tried after arriving was Kumar, located in the basement/restaurant level of Act Tower. I now go every week. The guy who owns the place has made a few too many comments about how lonely I must be, and implying he would happily help me be less lonely. But luckily he seems to be out of the country for the last few months. Which means his son is running it, who is much nicer. And they have imported a new waiter, who is also very sweet. Since I'm there so often we normally have a nice chat. And the son noticed I never ate the cabbage in my salad they always bring me. So now he always brings me just a tomato and cucumber salad. And they just breeze past the table while asking "the usual?", rather than taking my order. And a couple of weeks ago I forgot to take my purse with me to work. And of course they said "no problem", next week I could pay up. Which is really nice, because I'd hate to miss my vegetable curry, nan and chai. When I asked to take their picture they asked if I was going to try and find them girlfriends. So if you're interested ladies I'd be happy to introduce you to them...not that I actually know their names.

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Bibliovixen said...

ha! The one on the left looks a bit stunned!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are quite cute. The restaraunt sounds nice now that the lecher is gone. Mum

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

It doesn't really capture either one very well. The one on the left is indeed very soft spoken, and very polite. But he's also warm and generous. The one on the right (the restaurant owner's son) isn't really quite so goofey or brash, although he is certainly no church mouse. Both seem to be good guys....but you never know what lurks in the hearts' of men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home