Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Clog Convert


One of the fabulous things I have discovered in Japan is the clog. I know, I know. Shouldn't I have discovered this in Holland. And shouldn't I have discovered something very high-tech in Japan. But No. I discovered the brilliance of the low-tech clog in Japan. I adore them. And they are perfect for me. Unfortunately, my footprint is the shape of a triangle. I have a very wide ball, and a narrow heel. So most shoes I buy are fairly wide to fit the ball of my foot. And then the back of the shoe doesn't grip onto my heel. My mother used to drive me 5 hours to get good shoes when I was a kid (and then I would lose 1 of them, but that's another story). But clogs...they have no backs! Therefore there's nothing to give me blisters on my achilles. This is just one the most wonderful things ever. I now own several pairs. Why, oh why didn't I try them before?

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!! You found shoes that fit and you like them. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home