Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me


Friday was my birthday. And the nice folks from Skyland took me out for dinner to a very nice restaurant. A cake was brought out, and the jazz singer sang "Happy Birthday" to me. And the food was delicious. And there was so much of it. I really overstuffed myself and ended up feeling pretty yucky. And the Skyland group was less jovial than usual. And then I missed my stop when riding the train home. And there weren't any more trains going the other way. So I had to walk half an hour to get home in dressy shoes. And it began to rain, and I didn't have an umbrella. And what started out as a nice time ended up pretty crappy. Poor, poor, pitiful me.

2 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sorry it ended in such a crap way, but I hope you got lots of love and affection from all those who matter the most!

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There are no bad experiences for a writer--just more material."

You did get a fine "no one would believe it if you made it up" story out of the evening though, and then regifted it to us, your readers. So, happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home