Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Places I Go


One of the places I go every week is to the mall to do my grocery shopping. Yes, I said I do my grocery shopping at the mall. The anchor store here is Jusco. I'd say it's a little like Wal-mart, but it's much cleaner and carries nicer stuff. And this one is two stories. It has a large supermarket that takes up half of the bottom floor. The other half is taken up by electronics, household goods and beauty supplies. The second floor is clothing and a large arcade. I also go into the mall to buy some harder to find foodstuffs at Kaldi, a coffee and foreign foods store. The mall and Jusco are very nice, places I don't mind spending time in. Except this week they already have Christmas decorations up and Christmas music playing. Oh, well, whatcha gonna do?

3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The store sounds great and every store from Big Lots on up (or down) is doing the same thing here. I don't mind the decorations but I was a little surprised at the music as I trotted around in my shorts and flip flops. Mum

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

I LOVE Jusco! I miss Jusco. I used to go there for the only yummy cheese I could find in Kochi City, and also it was a great place to get awesomely funny Engrish hoodies and t-shirts. Of which I have a plethora. But still would like to go back to see what they have and probably walk out with a new one of something. *sigh* Natsukashii...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh, that sounds like The Store in Malaysia. It was amazing to see the range of goods they had when we were there briefly. I don't think there's anything much like that in Australia. Our supermarkets stock some merchandise, but are generally focused on a good range of food and produce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home