Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Zen Pit Stop





On Tuesdays, between my last two classes, I have an hour and a half to kill. It's not enough time to go home, but it's too much time to kill at the 100 yen store. One day I finally stopped at a shrine/temple complex that is on my route to Sony. It has a narrow opening on a fairly busy street. You could miss it, if it wasn't for the stop light next to it, that gives you plenty of time to look around at your surroundings. But all you get through the gate is a glimpse. A glimpse of another world, a calm world. So I finally stopped there one night. It was so calm, and yet welcoming. There were little tables, with chairs and ashtrays. There were all the usual little statues. These were neither too cold, or too dopey. I didn't stay very long. But it was a nice little respite from usual trafficy Tuesdays I usually have.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that. Proof that smoking can be spiritual. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home