Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Watching Goldfish Die

I let the Suzukis talk me into taking a bunch of goldfish off their hands. The best I can understand it is their is some sort of carnival style game here in Japan where you try and catch goldfish with a paper net. Yuma went through 30 of these nets and caught 3 goldfish. But Yoko has the touch. With only 3 nets she caught nearly 20. So they had all these goldfish and didn't know what to do with them. So they gave me 7. I knew better. But there was this part of me that really liked the idea of having some cute little faces swimming around in my apartment. And since I had the post-vacation blues and was missing my hubby I didn't seem to be able to put up a good fight. I even went out and bought an aquarium. But it took them less than a week to die. And watching them die, or finding them dead, did not help my mood any. I just don't know why people consider getting animals in a game fun...we all know how it's going to end.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sympathy on the loss of your fishy faced friends. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home