Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Who Stole My Cookies?

Monday was the first warm day off for me all year. So I took the opportunity to go to the beach. I stopped by a Circle K nearby and grabbed some lunch. I set up my mat, and book, and lunch and enjoyed a lovely little sit by the seaside. I then took a little walk along the surf. When I came back I realized the grocery bag with the unopened bag of cookies was gone. Well, that's weird! Maybe the wind blew it. So I look around. No sign of it. The people farther down the beach have a dog. He must have taken it. But you think he'd have made a bit of a mess with it, and the people would come and apologize. Hmmmm? So I sit and read some more. Is it odd for an American to sit on a Japanese beach and read about Amsterdam? Eventually the guy with the dog walks over and we recognize each other, having met at Eigo Mura nearly a year ago. After chatting awhile I ask if his dog happened to run away with my cookies. He says it's possible but not likely, especially as they were unopened and his down would have made a huge mess with it and there should be dog tracks (which there weren't). Maybe a person stole them? But my beach bag was sitting nearby and would probably have been a better target than cheap-ass cookies from the minimart. Then he says "I bet it was the crows". And yes indeed there were tracks that could have been made by the large marauding black birds. That makes sense. Mystery solved.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger the englishman said...

It was Colonel Mustard with the rope in the study.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Sump Pump Installation Tracy said...

Nice bblog you have

 

Post a Comment

<< Home