Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dislike of Doctors

I dislike doctors worldwide. Now, in this case it may not be their fault. But it doesn't matter. A couple of months ago, before my trip to Thailand, as a matter of fact, I woke up and my shoulder hurt. I just thought I slept funny. But later in the week, when I was looking into the mirror, I noticed that the sore shoulder was 3 inches higher than the other. I was hoping a couple of Thai massages would miraculously cure it. Well, that didn't happen. But then I came down with chicken pox, so my shoulder had to wait. Then my mother had a heart attack, so I really forgot about the shoulder. But I still have a nagging ache, and just recently my hand started going numb, especially when I was driving or riding my bike. So I finally told Mr. M. he had to take me to the doctor. And he said okay. But man, did he flip out when they said they wanted to take an x-ray. So they took the x-ray, and everything looks normal. So he prescribed me steroids and anti-inflamitories. The numbness hasn't reappeared, but the nagging ache continues. And the next step is an MRI. You can just imagine what Mr. M. thinks of that. Maybe I'll try a reflexologist or acupuncture, cuz the doctors don't know what's happening. One part of me knew there was little chance that the docs could help. And yet, there was this other part of me hoping he'd look at it, give me a good whack (like a tv on the fritz), there'd be a little pain and then everything would be back to normal. Wishful thinking.

6 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope what you find out what the problem is amd can find a way to make it better. It sounds very worrying. Mum

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger deenster said...

Any reliable chiropractors in your area? I had similar numbness in my hand a while back, and a trip to a chiropractor recommended by a friend made a world of difference. I know a good chiropractor in Tokyo if you need a recommendation.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Hi Natalie-

I'm enjoying reading your blog! In 3 weeks, my family and I are leaving Seattle for 2-3 years in Yokohama. From reading your earlier posts, I have added deodorant and more books to my pre-trip shopping list. Anything else you can tell me? I've started a blog, too, mostly preparation-anxiety at this point. Check it out and leave me a comment, please, because no one else besides my dad does. ;)

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea im not a big fan of doctors either. at cases they know what they are talking about... and yet sometimes they dont and they talk like they do... thats really scary when they do that.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to natalie in japan? i hope all is ok.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Natalie, long time no hear - are you OK, are you still in Japan? We miss your interesting comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home