Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Team Otsukare


I call these guys Team Otsukare. The are the CC employees who come in after my classes to change the rooms around for the next class. They roll up the carpet, move tables in and out, etc. They also deal with traffic in the parking lots during very busy times. They always walk into the rooms with big cheerful smiles and bellow "Otsukare sama deshta", or some shortened version of that. We smile and make jokes about how exhausting working with kids can be, or how crazy teenagers are. Or they tease me if it's raining outside and I have ridden my bicycle. Now they don't speak much English, and I don't speak much Japanese, but that in no way impedes the comaradarie. They are a hoot, and life would be a lot more boring without them.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Dave_a_teacher said...

I like the rebellious guy with his shirt hanging out! Thanks for your visit to our blog by the way. We really enjoy reading yours.

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

many native english speakers don't pay much attention on spelling while we (english learners) japanese try to memorize the spelling of the words real hard.

the word "camaraderie", for example, was misspelled by most of my australian & american friends and they wouldn't believe me until i showed them the dictionary.

nice blog though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home