Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Omedeto


Omedeto is Japanese for "congratulations". Kayo, one of my students from Skyland, got married yesterday. And I was invited to the night party. I was told I should dress up. So I scrambled to find something dressy, and put together something that in the end looked goofy. But when I got to the party most of the other guests were in jeans. What? Apparently there was some sort of fee, but I think Mr. K from Skyland took care of it for me. I was really in the dark about this whole thing, but was told when and where to show up...so I did. After a short while the adorable couple showed up and were greeted with much applause. As they made their official promenade through the cheering guests they would stop and say hello to many of them. When they stopped at our table I spluttered out "Omedeto" and everyone cheered. The Japanese are easily amazed. The night mainly consisted of eating, drinking and silly games to embarrass the newlyweds (nothing raunchy). It was cute and cheesy, and I had a lovely time.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The couple looks very cute in the photo. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home