Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Japan and America Drop the Ball


I woke up this morning, and the first thing I did was check the internet for World Cup scores. My friend Junko set her alarm clock for 4 am to watch the Japanese Team. And the Americans played at 11:30 the night before, which means they were both past my bedtime. And both teams had only one tie, and need to win their games to move on to the next round. But poor Japan was up against Brazil. I kept teasing everyone here that there was "No Hope". Not that I thought that the Americans would win. Very sad showing indeed, even if they were in a hellishly tough group. Tonight when I was at the mall, all the tvs in the electronics department were showing the replay of the game. Normally on a Friday night there would be lots of men standing around the tvs killing time. But not tonight. Guess they couldn't bear to watch it. Last week in BabyKids class we went over shapes, with the focus on circle. And what better, easier way to teach them about circles then to play with a ball. After teaching them to roll and throw the ball (ironically with a globe pattern on it) we worked on kick. And then I would encourage a little Pre-School soccer. Just imagine it. Too funny, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home