Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Myth of Spring

I'm starting to believe the idea of Spring is nothing but a myth. It is mid-May and I am still using my heater on occasion. It has rained here every day since I returned and was really cold before I left. In two months it is guaranteed to be so hot that you have trouble breathing. So where is Spring? Is this just a freak year, and Spring will be back next year as usual? I can't seem to remember a good Spring. I think it's always like this...too hot or too cold...nothing in between. I think Spring must be a myth that they teach us in school, and we just assumed it to be true. Like Pluto is the 9th planet. This is something I take as fact, but then again I've never seen Pluto, so maybe that's a myth, too. I think it was created just to get us through Winter with a little hope things will be nicer soo. Well, my faith is shaken and I'm not sure I believe in Spring anymore. But then again I think butterflies are responsible for many unsolved deaths each year, too. Obviously I'm nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home