Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Finding My Way

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. My brain is really ready to get out there and do something. But my body wants to ease back into things slower. Classes have been good therapy, but they don't last 24 hours a day. Or on my days off. Sunday I was feeling really guilty about not getting anything done. And then late in the day, I realized it was my first day off since I returned. And after the month and a half I had, I needed to get off my own back. The next day I did get around to getting off my butt. A few chores, and some exploring. Nothing big. I picked out a waterfall on a map I have and decided to see if I could find it. This was pretty much a shot in the dark. The map didn't have any highway numbers, and of course everything it does have is in Japanese. But, amazingly enough, I found it. The hike to see the waterfall was about a 10 yard march up a paved road. Not really the excersize workout I was hoping to get. But this waterfall's name had a male symbol as it's first kanji. So I decided to walk a little further down the road to see if there was a female to go with it. Yep. I'm brilliant. This had a little more hike to it. Probably only 15 minutes. And thank gods for that. My legs were killing me. And I don't know why. I walked up the 4 flights of stairs that I usually walk up just the day before. No prob. I walked to the grocery store 15 minutes away from my aparto twice in the last week. Never a twinge. But this little walk was a bugger. The waterfalls were lovely. Unfortunately the land around them was litter strewn. I wish I could show you pics, but as I am still without a working camera, that's quite impossible. It drove me crazy not to have a camera with me. Guess I'll just have to break down and buy a new one. But making a decision like that seems to big right now. Oh, what to do, what to do?

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home