Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Coping Mechanism

It turns out that when I have harsh stress, such as the stress of the last couple of weeks and months I don't crumble into a ball of tears. I always thought I would. I cry easily. I blubber all over the place in sad movies (4 Weddings and a Funeral is guaranteed cry), sad songs (If I Saw You in Heaven does it every time), sad tv shows, sad commercials, sad books, sad billboards...you name it I cry. But when it comes to the worst that life has to throw at me, I don't cry. Only an occasional outburst for a minute or two. It appears when life gets overwhelming I get mad. That's right. I get seriously pissed off. So for the last couple of weeks I have been seethingly angry. Mark says it's a decent way to cope. Crying tends to make you useless, but anger puts you into a more useful gear. And that's probably pretty true. But now I really can't be useful anymore and that anger is starting to manifest itself into stomach aches. I'm probably giving myself an ulcer. Classes seem to help. I turn back into my self for an hour or two, and am almost completely absorbed into what I am doing. Work therapy is a life saver.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nat,

I talked to Mark today and he told me about your Mom. I just read all your blogs to get more details. I'm glad to see that she is improving. I'm sorry I was so out of touch, but work for me is starting to get to me again physically. I have to learn to slow it down again. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. And you guys can call on me if you need anything from this end. Take care my friend.

Nicole

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home