Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Frankenstein Goes to School

Friday I got a call from Mr. M. He asked how I was? I told him I'm much better. He said "Really?" I said "Really." "I come over now to look at your face." Oh. "Sure." So, I thought he was concerned for how I felt, but he was really more concerned about how I looked. He looked at my face and then said he would go talk to the community center about it and call me. Great! They are having bilateral talks about the condition of my face. Well, my face is pretty terrible. I don't just have a small case of pox. It it rampant. I was surprised when the call came and he told me to report to work as usual on Saturday. As I am bored out of my gourd, I said fine. But it was not fun going to work looking like a monster. It's hard to tell if it bothered the little ones, as it is only the second class and many of them are pretty frightened anyway. There are only 3 students in LG1, and we played Bingo at the end of class and it got pretty silly. Which means a couple of things. They weren't all that bothered by my disfigurment. And it means they are coming out of their shells, which really makes me happy. In my LG3 class, the second year girls were curious and asked me about it. But the language gap never did get bridged. But class went on anyway. And then I came home and did a whole lot a nuthin.

3 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems there is a W.C. Fields joke here somewhere about "my little chickapea" and ugly faces. I'm too tired to create it though. Sorry to hear about your bodily dottiness. I had both pox and shingles but long ago. Stop getting sick, will ya?! Glad to hear the kids are loosening up -- you seem to have fun when things go well in class. -- Rhon

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home