Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chicken Pox, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes!

The day after my sunburn I noticed a few pimples on my chest. I just thought they were blisters. A few days later they were still there and I had a few pimples on my back. Neither of these events, sorry to say, are particularly unusual (even though I am 40 years old). Then Sunday I had plans to spend with the Suzukis. They took me to the History Museum and then over to see the cherry blossoms at the "Flower Park". By the time we found a place to picnic I was absolutely exhausted. I ate a few bites of lunch and then laid my head down. After everyone was done eating I was still too tired to go looking, so I sent them on their way and took a nap at the picnic site. When I woke up I was pretty sure I had a fever and my back was starting to itch. When I got back to the aparto I looked at my back and it was covered with red welts. So I looked around on the internet for things it could be. Didn't look exactly like chicken pox, and I had already had those when I was 14 (I was teased about having a kiddie disease). I was starting to suspect something like scabies. Lord knows I was getting massages all over the place in Thailand, and they could be hanging out in the same places I was. I checked on measles, but it absolutely, positively didn't look like measles. So, Monday I called Mr. M. and told him I needed to see a doc. He jumped in the car and was here in no time. Well, the first doctor was only an internest, so she couldn't really see me. But she suspected chicken pox. But I had chicken pox. Oh, well then, she didn't know. So Mr. M. drove me to a dermatologist. He diagnosed chicken pox. But I had chicken pox. Oh, well, then it can't be chicken pox. Must be an allergic reaction to a bug bite, or something. Here's some pillls. Just take 'em. So I go home, take the pills. Next morning the bumps have spread. Even onto my face. I call Mr. M. He says I should do the morning classes, and if I would like he would take me to another doctor in the afternoon. No, I say let's give it some more time. I was just afraid of scaring the new toddler-type students. So I finish out my day. This morning the bumps had continued to spread a little. So I called Mr. M and we do the Doctor Shakeup one more time. This doctor says, he's sorry but it is absolutely positively chicken pox. Were my chicken pox bad when I was a kid? No, not really, I thought I got off pretty easy. How is the inside of your mouth? It seems kinda sensitive. Do you have any bumps in your ears? Uh, yeah! Yep, dahrlin' you'se got dem chicken pox. Damn! They were very atypical chicken pox, probably because I had them before. But the onset should have been much quicker. I should also still have a fever and a headache. Oh, and I shouldn't have gotten them twice. Supposedly I should have them cleared up by Saturday and be okay to work. But until then I have to lie around in my apartment, trying not to scratch the buggers, watching videos and keeping myself entertained. I expect lots of ecards, and funny jokes and little cheery up things from the cyber world. And I want them now!

P.S. Yahoo is working again.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think I got chicken pox twice. Betty swore I had it when I was little and then I got it again from Chris when we were in Italy. Mum.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I've been to Post Secret before, but not the video blog. Thanks for the suggestion. Especially since the only other sympathy I have gotten was from my own mother (who has been nice enough to send me an ecard and forward dumb jokes to me). Nobody loves me...boo hoo.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

I was away all weekend so just read this now, but belatedly...

FEEL BETTER SOON!!

That's really sucky. Bizarre and sucky. I don't have any suggestions about were to waste time because my brain is dead after too many Genki performances. :P

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home