Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Skyland Ruination

Thursdays are always kinda hard on me, but I had Skyland Classes to look forward to at night. I now find Skyland a drag. It's an hour and half class. I used to work it like this: half an hour asking each of them what they did on their weekend. The next half hour we spent working out of the book. And the last half hour I usually had them play a game. But now every other week (like yesterday) I'm just teaching for an hour and a half out of the book. And the other week I work 2 and 1/4 hours doing conversation. Mr. M. had us change books. Which means we are starting all over again. "Hi, my name is Natalie, I'm from America" sorta garbage. And we did each and every stupid little exercise. That's what they get for talking to Mr. M. and not me. And then this book comes with a cassette instead of a CD. And that means if you want to play a segment over again you have to guess as you rewind. And then I had trouble figuring out their cassette player. I gave up and started reading the scripts myself, but that is sort of stupid. The idea of the cassette is to listen to many different accents and voices. And what makes me really ticked is that I had no say in it. I'm just told about these changes. Grrrrrmpppphhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home