Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Crushed Ego


Dateline Today - Rinako invited me to go along with her and some friends to go ice skating. I haven't been ice skating since college. I thought it would take me awhile to get used to it again, but boy was I in for a big shock. They didn't have the right size skates so I chose to go with the slightly smaller size. I put them on and they seemed okay. But I was so surprised by how week my ankles were. I could barely walk in the skates. And getting my balance on the ice was nearly impossible. I know I'm getting older and all, but I was quite crushed by how horrible I was. So I stumbled, and slid and looked alot like a baby giraffe trying to stand for the first time. It was horrible. After half an hour the zamboni came out, and everyone had to clear the ice. I went back to the skate desk to see if they had any of the right size yet. They did. But I wasn't expecting my skating to miraculously change. But it did. I got back out on the ice and was swooshing by people and it was wonderful. I'm still much better on roller skates, but at least I got my confidence and my ego back. But my ankles could only take about 2 hours total. And I bet tomorrow I am unable to walk. But who cares, my ego was salvaged.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home