Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Creative Genius


Dateline Sunday - Yukia and Shosei took me to Acti Mori for some pottery fun. Mori is a city not too far away, and Acti Mori is half park/half cultural center. You can make paper, dye material, make soba, ride bikes, picknic, etc. We chose to make pots. They showed us a little video, reinterated some important rules (not that I could understand them), set us down at a table, brought us a slab of clay and let us at it. We all took it very seriously, but we had a lot of fun too. An hour or so later we all three had completed some sort of vessel. Shosei created a tall cup, Yukia had made a large shallow bowl, and I had created a vase. Next week I figure I'll end up with some more flowers and thought that might come in handy. One problem. They won't be ready for two months. Now I knew that they wouldn't be ready at the end of the day or anything, but two months. Guess I'll just have to buy a couple of vases at the hyaku yen.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

You should definitely buy some daffodils! I got some and not only do they look beautiful, but they smell absolutely amazing!! They've made my whole room smell heavenly.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home