Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bunny Tails


This weeks project was this dopey little worksheet I came up with. I took a clipart bunny I found on the web and put him on the sheet nine times (this week's number was nine). I put the workseet on the board and counted the bunnies. Then I pointed out the ears and pointed to my ears. I did the same thing for eye, nose, mouth and foot. Then I pointed to the bunny's tail and go to point to my tail. I turn in circles looking over my shoulder trying to find my tail. The children all scream "No", cuz I ain't got a tail, see (I possibly have a demon tail, but I keep it well hidden). Then I glue some cotton on the place where the bunny's tail is. I repeat it for all the little bunnies, too. Then I hand out supplies and sit back and let the mother's do the work. Not only do I get to go "off stage" for a few minutes, I really enjoy watching the kids concentrate on this project we find extremely simple and a little dull. They are so proud afterwards. They all bring the finished product to me (unbidden) and show me their achievements. The picture above is of Yumarou. When his mom asked him who he wanted to invite to his birthday party, the first person he said was "Natalie Sensei". I'm not sure I want to spend one of my precious Sundays at a kid's birthday party - I spend all week with these guys - but I'm not sure I have the strength to look into his eyes and say "No". Yikes.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute bunny. I can see why the kids loved it. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home