Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Swimming to Ball Wall


Well, we didn't quite have to swim, but it poured down rain today so hard that I was considering collecting two of every animal. The bad weather put a damper on the Suzukis' original plan of going to Pal-Pal to see O'Goody perform as a villain in the live action Power Rangers show they have there. So instead we went shopping, to lunch and then off to go bowling at a place called Ball Wall. I have been in kind of a funk for the last few days and I was hoping the day out would help with that. Well, the funk continued to hang over my head like a bad cartoon cloud during the shopping and lunch. But the bowling banished the funk very well. The first game I bowled fairly well. I scored 111, while Yoko came in second and Mikio really tanked in third. Yoko, Yuma and I teased him pretty hard about that. So he turned around and got two strikes in a row in the first two frames of the second game. I really thought the game was over then. But no, Mikio and I duked it out the whole game. It was actually quite heart stopping and came down to the last frame. I finished first with a quite respectable 134 and Mikio needed a spare to beat me. His first roll left him with only the four middle pins standing. A fairly easy spare pickup. And the roll looked like he was gonna get that spare, but the ball skimmed the head pin by just a hairs breath and left it standing. As winner I was awarded a box of Pretz (a flavored breadstick snack available at any conbini for 100 yen) by the bowling alley staff. One of my crowning acheivements and I plan to treasure my award for at least another 24 hours before getting the munchies and eating my trophy.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a pretty good score especially since you haven't bowled for a while. Mum. By the way your blog looks all different again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home