Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rough Day

Rough day. It sucked actually. I was all excited. I went to the travel agency the other day and got some brochures on going to Thailand. I poured over them for two days and had made a decision. So I went to go lay down my money today. But the stupid travel agency (IACE) tells me that the prices I was basing my decisions on are all wrong. They were based on 4 nights and not 6 nights. And a single surcharge of about $500. So that's a complete bust. I went ahead and bought an airline ticket though. Which they again did a lousy job pricing. They said it was 65,000 yen. But then they added another 100,000 in taxes, fuel surchages, airport tax, etc. Also she only seemed to be able to get me overnight flights out of Bangkok. So I have to leave a day before. So I'm not thrilled. And then my classes went badly. Even my 1st graders. Luckily Skyland and the private lesson went well. Thank goodness. Not exactly my best week is it?

4 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Richard said...

It must be really frustrating dealing with the Japanese day in and day out. Where do you live exactly? I'll be moving to Tokyo in the Fall, and was wondering whether I could ask you some questions about life in Japan?

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I live in Hamamatsu, Japan. Most of the time I get by with very little problems, and my frustation level has been very low. I'm not sure this was a Japanese thing (although if I could read Japanese I probably would have seen the single fee myself). I think this is a business thing. Like so many business they don't want to show you the whole cost. Ask any questions you like.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

You poor poor girl. I'm sorry your week has been so frustrating. But I'm excited that you booked a ticket to Thailand. However, I'm curious... Was it really 650,000 yen?? Like $6500?? Or is there an extra 0 there? When are you going?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Sallie,

You are right. I threw in an extra 0. I'll go back and change it. I plan to go Mar 29 for 5 nights. I'm so excited. I'm constantly reading books on it. Got any tips for me. I'm going to Phuket. Chiang Mai and Bangkok are much hotter that time of year. I wish I could see it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home