Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Move Over Tina Turner

Rinako emailed that she could really use an afternoon of karoke to lift her spirits. She has been pretty depressed for about a month now. So of course I sacrificed my day of nothing to go to her aid. I am a saint. We went to lunch and I had one of the best meals I have eaten in Japan. It was spaghetti pasta covered in a tomato sauce with chunks of mushrooms, eggplant and avocado. So good. And then we went to the Karaoke joint she likes best and did some belting out of emotions. She picked a lot of mournful songs and I just picked anything I thought I might know the words to. The songs that I sang the least terrible were some songs with some real grit to them. I was really happy with the way I sang "Proud Mary" and "Play That Funky Music Whiteboy". And it really helps to turn up the music. I would like to think that I am just able to hit the right notes when the music is louder, but in truth is probably just drowns out some of the off-key misses. Nonetheless we both had a good time. Glad I could help her get out of her funk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home