Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentain!

The Japanese do Valentine's a little different. Women give the man a small cake or chocolate (homemade encouraged) and take him out to dinner. Next month there is White Day where the favors are returned. No cards that I could see anywhere, and kids don't really participate. I am too far from my Valentine to get the usual bouquet of daisys, box of chocolates and bottle of booze that he normally brings home to me. I bought myself chocolate and Kahlua and I usually have flowers around anyway. But my hubby has been writing me love letters for the last couple of weeks. Or rather lovemails. Yes, Mark! My husband. Who knew he had it in him. So Valentine's was lovely, even if I was half the world away from my sweetie. May you all have a wonderful Valentain!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentain to you too. I spent it trying to figure out Turbotax and watching Curling from the Olympics. Pity me? No-its my own damn fault. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home