Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Givin' Them the Boot


Just days ago I was all teary-eyed over the departure of one little girl, little did I realize what was to come. All week I have been giving 80% of my kids their walking papers and didn't even know it. Every term at about this time I give out postcards that the community center tells me to. But this time things seemed a little different. And now I know why. There are two different postcards. One tells them if they would like to sign up for the class again please do so at the front desk. The other postcard tells them that their little precious one is no longer eligible to take this class and please consult the schedule for another class. They are no longer eligble due to their age or grade level. And this applies to 80% of my students. I have ten 2 and 3 year old classes, and only two 4 and 5 year old classes. So that means that only a fraction of my students can move up to my next age group. And for the 5 year olds there is no class they can move up to. The next class is for 1st and 2nd graders, and the 5 year olds will only be going to kindergarden. There is no kindergarden class. That is totally baka (stupid). I'm completely numb from thinking about it. Only 6 more classes with Hiroto and Nana and Shintaro and Akari and Hana-chan and Kodai and Kaiki and Misaki and Fumina and Tomona and Yuumaro and Haruka, etc. etc. etc. Boo hoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home