Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Digging Out the Watercolors


I like to watercolor. However there is one problem. I can't get creative if there is any housework or work-work hanging over my head. I have to be caught up with everything. And then it helps if I am bored. It's practically essential. This week was the first week since I got to Japan where all the stars aligned correctly and the watercolors saw the light of day. This is my first attempt. I'm very happy with it. Not because it's any good, but because I set myself a project and then finished it. It was only supposed to be a quick starter, and I gave myself very limited time. But I did it! So hurray for boredom!

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger NYD said...

Hi Natalie. I don't know how long you've been here in Japan but Welcome. I liked your pic and am looking forward to seeing more. Hope you have lots of "boring" moments in the future.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it too.Mum

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

That's lovely! Aren't you a talented woman?!

Sorry next weekend won't work out for you to come visit, but we'll hopefully be able to sort out a different date for you to make the long voyage south!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home