Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Conbini Wars


What is convenience? I have 2 grocery stores within 10 blocks of my house, and 50 within a 5 minute drive of my house. Not to mention the 2 malls, and bazillions of rice shops, liquour stores and a few drug stores. But if I want something now, that is just not convenient enough. Luckily I don't have to walk 10 blocks to get popcicles or fried potatoes or a sandwich or a pair of underwear. There are Convenience Stores much closer. If I walk 6 blocks south I can go to Circle K, or 6 blocks north I can go to Family Mart. I tend to go to Family Mart when I need a quick fix of pop, or booze or to pay my bills. But six blocks is sooo far and not really "convenient". I needed to pay a bill this morning, so I stumbled out the door first thing to trek the entire 6 blocks to FM. I had gone about 2 blocks when I literally stumble over a 7-11. Hey, this wasn't here 2 weeks ago. I gawked at it in my morning grogginess, but kept on walking. I guess I just didn't trust that it was real. Maybe I was still dreaming. But when I walked by it again on my way home it was still there. But two blocks is still so far away. Lawson's and MiniStop are in a bidding war to put a conbini in my foyer. Now that will be convenient.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

My closest conbini is a half hour drive away from my house, if you can believe it. I do have a small "grocery store" (though I use the term loosely) in my town... that closes at 7pm. And I don't like buying booze there because it is frequented by all my students and all their parents and I would hate for them to all think that their ALT is a boozehound. :P

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

That is just sooooo wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home