Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blame it on Greenspan and Horiemon

Wednesdays are a little strange for me. I spend most of the day muttering to myself alone in my aparto preparing lesson plans. Then I drive over to Mr. M's and have brief comment exchanges with him. Next I go teach my dimbulb class, adorable but none-to-bright. And then I go to Pulstec and talk to engineers. I have to say switching from 4 year olds to super educated scientists is a bit much. Really one minute I'm teaching "Up" and "Down", and the next I am discussing the fluxuations in the world money markets. I'm surprised my head doesn't explode from that sort of contrast. Tonight at Pulstec we discussed the Yen vs. the Dollar and I was complainimg how awful an exchange rate I got yesterday when I wired money home. Kiyoshi says Alan Greenspan and Takafumi Horie are to blame. Horie is a Japanese business man who is in the middle of a huge scandal, so bad that the Tokyo stock exchange had to shut down one day due to stocks bottoming out all over the place. If you don't know who Alan Greenspan is you probably aren't intelligent enough to read this blog so go away. I have no clue whether Kiyoshi is right or not, but it's a good theory and I need someone to blame. So scowls and dirty looks to you both.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greenspan just retired -- I don't know who's taking over. He's none too cute, huh? -- Steeler fan you know in SC

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just refer to the new guy as The new Greenspan. The old one was there so long I think that should be the title of the office holder. It is very good for you to switch between 4 yr. old dimbulbs and grown engineers--keeps your brain elastic. Mum

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Ha ha ha! I love your Mum's suggestion that 'The New Greenspan' should just be the title of the office holder!

I do something similar though not quite to the same extent when I have classes that alternate between elementary and junior high all day. Going from 15 year olds to 5 year olds is a bit of a stretch... Though not quite the same as discussing fluxuations in currency rates. And I am with you about that exchange rate. When I had to change my Cdn $ for yen, I paid something like $1.24 per 100Y, but when I sent money home it was like 98 cents to 100Y. I am not a happy chica!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home