Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Friday, January 20, 2006

You Speak the Truth

I went out to lunch with Magda today. It's nice to get together with someone who has the same job as I do and bitch and moan. And Magda does it with such flair and funny English. She went to Australia over the holidays and brought me back a pen. I got a gift and it wasn't food! Yeah! Her Japanese boyfriend proposed over the holidays. And that's scaring the pants off her. Her parents had a rotten marriage, and she just can't imagine that marriage could be a good thing. She's so funny. And she seems to really like me. I can't remember what the topic was, but she laughed and said "That is why I like to talk with you, Natalie. You speak the truth." Hmmm, I normally get into trouble for speaking the truth. But it's nice to know my frankness is appreciated occasionally. We laughed and made fun of our students and their mothers and ate lunch and dessert and gossiped and swore like New York Construction workers. Not bad for a gloomy winter day.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of us need a Magda. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home