Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday Ritual


Somewhere along the way a Saturday ritual was created. On Saturdays I have a break between two of my classes that is 1 hour and 15 minutes long. That isn't enough time to really go anywhere, and yet too much time to sit around and read. And in the summer it was so hot that I kept falling asleep. So one Saturday When Mikio and Yoko came to pick up Yuuma after his class I asked them if they wanted to grab some refreshment at Act Tower. They said "Sure". And we've done it every Saturday since. We always go to "Freshness Burger" and grab something to drink. Yoko has to work some Saturdays, but every Saturday that she's available she insists on buying me something to munch on as well. She is unbelievably worried that I am starving to death. She is always sending me home from any excursion we make with leftovers, and sometimes just things she thinks I should eat, or something I mentioned I liked. Yuuma normally plays his Gameboy during the hour, but seems to like just going somewhere. And as he is probably tired of speaking and listening in Enlish, I can't blame him. This is a tradition I have come to really enjoy.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have such an enjoyable Saturday. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home