Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Heater Saga Continues


So, the heater refused to work all day. Including first thing this morning, but it tried to turn itself on. It's got this nifty timer thing, which I forgot to reset. So, it tried to turn itself on at 5:00 am. But it failed and insisted on letting me know that it tried. It beeped 25 times. Well, I couldn't exactly sleep through that. So I woke up, but it was too cold to get up. So I sat there and fumed and waited for the ceiling heater to take a little chill off. I tried that dang heater all day with no luck. So, when I went to Pulstec tonight I brought up my dilemna again. The first class was totally uninterested in helping me. Rat bastards! But the second class was much more helpful. They pointed out that the heater has a magic self-cleaning button. They also had other helpful suggestions. And they insist if it is still not working, and I have not frozen to death, that I bring it in next Wednesday and they will mess with it until it works or they break it. Now, the magic self-cleaning button also is the power save button, so you have to make sure the machine is turned off when you press the button or it won't do you any good. Kinda got a Clark Kent thing going. Well, I tried it. And she turned right on after the cleaning. The real test will be in the morning. May seem like an unexciting thing to post about, and well maybe it is, but it is also extremely important. Like almost as important as...as...hell, to me it has got to be first priority. Nothing gets done if I be too cold, dagnabit!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who live in Florida are not allowed to comment on heater problems, but if it makes you feel better, my ceiling fan is a little noisy. Mum

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Post away about the heater! I could dedicate years to talking about my kerosene heater, a/c heater, kotatsu, and heated carpet, not to mention all the nifty undergarments to keep me warmer in this godforsaken country! When you live in a land of paper houses and cold-ish winters, heaters become awfully important!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home