Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Hana Delivery




The top picture is of the flowers I had at the beginning of the day. The second picture are the flowers I had at the end of the day. No, they are not rare flowers that grow after being cut. They are flowers that were delivered to me. I got a call early this morning from someone who only spoke Japanese. I was pretty sure he used the word "Hana" which is the word for flower, but it is also the word for nose. But I didn't think anyone would be calling me about flowers or noses. But in his rambling he did say Soude Cho, which is my neighborhood. So I started to think he was a delivery man. I once had the delivery people call me before delivering the books I ordered from Amazon. And as I had recently ordered books from Amazon I was hopeful that this could be them. I said "kiyo" (today) in a question form and he said "hai" (yes). Then he said "mate" (wait). I said "hai". So I waited for awhile. Not a big problem as I was planning on staying home most of the day to do laundry. When he arrived he handed me the biggest bunch of flowers I had ever seen not bestowed on the winner of the derby or at a funeral. I just couldn't imagine who sent me flowers. And if he hadn't called first I would have assumed they were at the wrong place. Then I saw the card. It said "I love you, Mark". My husband (known for his thriftiness) sent me these beautiful, extravegant flowers. It took my breath away. Wow. I love you too Mark.

Now you are all required to sigh and say "Awwwww, isn't that sweet".

1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..sigh....awwww, that is really sweet. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home