Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Fog is Lifting. Or is it?

So, back to kiddie world today for me. And that's a good thing. My morning BabyKid classes were fun and upbeat. Then I came home, took a nice nap, paid my water bill, straightened up a little, etc. All things a properly functioning person would do. Went to my 3rd and 4th grade class, which is always a blast. And it lived up to it's reputation. Then I headed off for Pulstec. I took a slightly different route hoping to shave a few minutes off my trip. And everything was going smoothly. I stopped at the hyaku yen to grab something to drink, like ususal. The trip was quite a few minutes ahead of schedule. Only one problem. I didn't have a class today at Pulstec. I was supposed to be going to Sony. I am totally screwed. I have wasted half an hour getting halfway to Pulstec and Sony is on the other side of town. So I jump back in the car and haul butt back to where I started and then onto Sony. I am so not going to make it. What was I thinking? Apparently I wasn't thinking. Obviously I am still in a daze. Well, luck was on my side and I got to Sony only 2 minutes late. But the heart attack I gave myself is definately taking years off my life. So, we have class as usual and it ends a little early. I have been having problems with my kerosene heater for the last 4 or 5 days. And it keeps getting progressively worse. The problem is it is getting stubborn about turning on. At first you just let it sit and try again and it would start. Then it required several pauses and starts. Then today it just wasn't happening. So, with the extra few minutes I asked what it could be. I was smart enough to take along the manual. You never saw such interest in the disfunction of a heater. They were all chomping at the bit to look at the manual. So there was much discussion and questions thrown at me. They came up with two possible solutions. The first was to unplug it and then plug it in again. I'm not kidding. I had a room full of engineers and this was one of there solutions. I teased them pretty good about that. The other solution was to clean the valves. They couldn't tell me how to clean the valves, nor had they ever had to do it themselves. But it sounded very logical. So I came home and tried the stubborn heater. No luck. So I unplugged it and replugged it in. And of course it started up, no problems. There is a part of me that is hoping it's just a fluke and that the heater will continue to give me problems, cuz I just don't want to go back and tell them that it worked. But, the other 90% of me wants the stupid thing to keep on truckin'.


At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess engineers are somewhat like electricians. That is what is what my in-house electrician always tells me; "Unplug it and then see if it will work" Mum


Post a Comment

<< Home