Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Corrupting the Japanese

Today the Suzukis had planned to take us to a shrine. But Yuma had some minor surgery on the 26th, but still was a little sore, so plans changed. Mikio took us to Hamamatsu Castle and and then walked around the park until it got too cold. Then we went to Act Tower to go to the Musical Instrument Museum. Whoops, it was closed!So we went and had some warm drinks and a nice sit down. Then we went up to the top of Act Tower to see the city from a bird's eye view on the 45th floor. Mark, who normally doesn't like heights, really liked it. Then Mikio whisked us both back to the Suzuki house where Yoko had prepared a lovely, huge dinner. They plied us with too much food, a lot of drink and wonderful companionship. And how did I repay this hospitality, I taught them and their son to play Texas Hold'em. But Yuma is a smart kid, when he got ahead he took his yen and left the table.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aahh. Seeing you sit at a kotatsu table makes me homesick. I brought one back from Okinawa with me and it died years ago. I loved that piece of furniture.

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are having lots of fun. Prissy and I are doing good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home