Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Visit to the Vet and Training the Puppies

Fever. Swollen tonsils. Chills. Aches. All these descended on me yesterday. The night was miserable. By 3:00 am local time I had emailed Mr. M and told him I was going to have to go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor, and seeing a doctor with Mr. M as translator sounded even less fun. He obligingly collected me at 10:00 and hustled me to the clinic. The line drawing on the door said clinic and had 2 elephants with their trunks entwined. And then in the lobby there was a pic of a puppy.
I was starting to think he was trying to save money by taking me to a veterinarian. And then I had to change to freezing cold slippers before entering the exam room. Yah, really comfortable to a woman with a fever and chills. But the doctor turned out to be a woman, always a little more comforting. However, her English was rudimentary. She took a brief look at my throat and declared tonsilitis. I had guessed that was my problem. She prescribed a boatload of pills and said if I don't improve in two days to get Mr. M to call her. Can't say I'm feeling much better after just one set of pills. Mr. M actually asked me if I could work, rather than begging me. I agreed. The thought of my little dimbulb students not getting their Christmas party was just to sad. I was a little sedate, but that didn't keep them from jumping around like a litter of puppies. Dopey, not too bright, but really sweet. I had them paint stars I had cut out of air drying clay, I wrote the first letter of their name in glitter glue on it. They loved it. The mother's were more impressed with the homemade cookies. I went to Pulstec as usual and saw my private students, too. But I shouldn't have. Maybe more pills and a good night's sleep will make tomorrow better. Please.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the vet was able to make you feel a little better. Take care. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home