Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Video Reviews


Yesterday I walked in cold to the video store. It's about a 15 minute walk, but with a little sunshine on your back it's not too cold. I love being able to walk places. The happiness I derive from the original form of transportation is a little out of character for me. Basically I am lazy. So why do I enjoy this walking thing? Maybe it is the novelty. Lord knows Americans NEVER walk anywhere. Oh well, I'm too lazy to get philosophical. The video store sends you home with these cute little totebags to carry your DVDs in. Very convenient when you walk or ride your bike there. But it's so unAmerican. They'd never see the totebags again back in the states. And then they would add more fees, and lawyers would have to be brought it, etc., etc.

I have seen a few movies in the last couple of weeks.

Kill Bill 2 - didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - A really thoughtful, thought provoking movie. Thats a good thing.

Life Aquatic - Zany and fun.

Napoleon Dynomite - Very low key and amusing.

and my favorite of them all....(dum diddy dum)...Dodgeball. I really loved it. It does that really smart dumb humor. I know that doesn't make sense, but it was both. They didn't even pretend to be original with the plot - team needs to win tournament to save their gym from the big bad corporate meanies. And you can guess the rest from there. But they took the dopey plot and gave it some fun twists and turns and likable characters. And it made me laugh my ass off.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw the trailer for Dodgeball at the theater and it looked really awful with mean humor and people getting hurt.Hope it was better than that. Mum

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Really not. And when they do do something slapstick (not very often) it is so far fetched as to be cartoonish. But then you folks can't even watch Ben Stiller in an interview you hate him so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home