Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Going a Bit Native


I have wanting to ride my bike to work for weeks now, but I just haven't felt well enough...until today. So this morning I am hemming and hawing about riding in. Tuesdays are a good day to ride in. So I check the current weather conditions on the internet. The site says 41 degrees and winds are only at 13 mph (as opposed to the 25-40 we had been getting the previous day). Well, lets take a chance. One problem, I had already gotten dressed before I decided on this bicycle foray, and the wardrobe choice had been a short skirt, turtleneck shirt and thick tights. So I decided to do what the local girls do...I put on a pair of jeans under my skirt. And I thought it looked rather good. Once I got to the CC I took off the jeans. But still, that was quite the unusual look for me. Well you know, when in Rome...wear jeans under your skirt...isn't that how it goes?

P.S. Notice the huge pink tote bag stuffed into the little basket on the front of the bike. Normally I have another bag sitting on top of the first bag as well. It's amazing I get anywhere alive.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look absolutely adorable. Mum

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (A fellow Sag... I love it!) I hope your day is gloriously good and full of fun and excitement! Treat yourself to something nice... Sit under your kotatsu and soak it up... I hope you receive lots of phone calls and mail from home. That's the best part of birthdays away - attention from home! :) I wish you much goodness and many blessings for this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home