Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Freezing My Tail Off

So, I had this problem. I only heat one room of my aparto. And it ain't the bathroom. And the tempeture in the unheated parts of the apartment have been running about 42-50 degrees farenheit. And the toilet seat tends to be around -2 degrees. I found myself "holding it" because of this little dilemma. I would think "It's only an hour until I go to the community center, I can hold it" or "Do I need anything at the store?" so as to use other restrooms. Well, this just couldn't continue. So I looked into the Japanese way of dealing with the difficulty...heated toilet seats. I figured the extra expense would be worth the health benefits I would get. Until I went to the store and saw that the cheapest one was around $200. Shit! Or worse, not shit. While I was in the hyaku yen shop I came to the bathroom supplies and saw the toilet lid covers, which I despise. But then realized they also had matching seat covers, too. Well, for the equivilent of one dollar I would be willing to try it. Low and behold it is amazing what a difference it makes. Best hyaku yen I ever spent.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you conquered the ubiquitous Japanese toilet seat problem. Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home