Natalie Goes to Japan

40 year old very married blonde woman having a midlife crisis who heads to Japan alone to follow her dreams. Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bathtime Buddies


Unexciting day here. Big news was I took a bath, whoo hoo! The turtle's name is Trojan and the duck's name is Aflac. It ain't easy trying to take pics in the steamroom I call the bathroom. My bath buddies are the closest thing I have to a pet here. Unless you consider the large moth who lives just outside my door a pet. He is always there to greet me when I come home. You might even consider him a guard moth. One of my students was really afraid of him when she came for her lesson. He's not as big as a luna moth or anything, but he does stand out. Boy, I'm rambling today. Guess that's what happens when you spend too much time alone.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

I have the same problem. If I don't leave my village for a few days, when I do finally spend time with people I can actually speak to, I go about a million miles a second and jump from topic to topic with little to connection!! It's so nice how deep Japanese baths are, eh???

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

One of the best things about Japan are the bathtubs! In America my bathtub is so shallow that my boobs never submerge, and I'm small chested! So Japanese baths are just heaven.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Delicate Jasmine said...

Ha ha ha!! Awesome!! I'm with you on that. Do you ever go to onsens? You're bound to attract some stares because you're foreign, but holy cow are they ever nice!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I haven't been to a true onsen, but I have been to a couple of sentos (public baths for those of you who don't know). And the sentos were both extremely wonderful. I hear there are some in Hamamatsu and there could be one on my block for all I know. I need to get someone to help me find them. And when I have visited the sentos people have been fairly discreet in their wonder and amazement and the naked foreigner. Mostly the little old ladies have been helpful in pointing out which is shampoo and which is liquid soap. Aaaah, this is making me want to take another bath, and I really have to finish the cleaning job I'm in the middle of. Hmmmm, warm water and smelly bath salts sound much more enticing....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home